10 December 2012

1

{Review} What's Left of Me - Kat Zhang


What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang
Series: The Hybrid Chronicles #1
Release Date: 09/18/2012
Publisher: HarperCollins

Amazon / B&N / TBD / Chapters
I should not exist. But I do.
Eva and Addie started out the same way as everyone else—two souls woven together in one body, taking turns controlling their movements as they learned how to walk, how to sing, how to dance. But as they grew, so did the worried whispers. Why aren’t they settling? Why isn’t one of them fading? The doctors ran tests, the neighbors shied away, and their parents begged for more time. Finally Addie was pronounced healthy and Eva was declared gone. Except, she wasn’t . . .
For the past three years, Eva has clung to the remnants of her life. Only Addie knows she’s still there, trapped inside their body. Then one day, they discover there may be a way for Eva to move again. The risks are unimaginable-hybrids are considered a threat to society, so if they are caught, Addie and Eva will be locked away with the others. And yet . . . for a chance to smile, to twirl, to speak, Eva will do anything.

I don't have much to say for What's Left of Me. I guess this one is just okay. 

In the beginning, you meet Eva and Addie who haven't settled yet. They pretended that they settled but really, Eva is still there. Now Eva can only be in Addie's mind while Addie controls everything. Sucks to be her, right?

Now Eva has a chance to move again, to smile, to speak. She did everything she could and risked it. Now they're taken away from their parents and stuck in a clinic that probably wants them dead.

This one was pretty okay for me. Not bad, not good. There were some points I got really bored.. They were stuck in the clinic and I felt like they could've taken action sooner and get out. But nope, you had to experience every horrifying scream and image and it's just crazy.

The pace of this book was too slow for my taste. But this book was also good enough that I would pick up the second book to see how it ends :)


Rating:


1 comment:

  1. I've heard mixed things about this one, and it's a shame it doesn't seem to live up to its potential. It's waiting on my Kindle at the moment, so I guess I'll have to read it soon. ;) Great review, Ariella. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Please comment below and I'll reply and return the favor! Leave me a link to your post and I'll definitely come check it out :)