31 December 2012

2

{Review} Venom - Fiona Paul


Venom by Fiona Paul
Series: Secrets of the Eternal Rose #1
Release Date: 10/30/2012
Publisher: Philomel
Cassandra Caravello is one of Renaissance Venice’s lucky elite: with elegant gowns, sparkling jewels, her own lady’s maid, and a wealthy fiancé, she has everything a girl could desire. Yet ever since her parents’ death, Cassandra has felt trapped, alone in a city of water, where the dark and labyrinthine canals whisper of escape.
When Cass stumbles upon a murdered woman—practically in her own backyard—she’s drawn into a dangerous world of courtesans, killers, and secret societies. Soon, she finds herself falling for Falco, a mysterious artist with a mischievous grin... and a spectacular skill for trouble. Can Cassandra find the murderer, before he finds her? And will she stay true to her fiancé, or succumb to her uncontrollable feelings for Falco?
Beauty, love, romance, and mystery weave together in a stunning novel that’s as seductive and surprising as the city of Venice itself.


So I finished this book quite a while ago and never found the time to write a review.. <-- Me being lazy..

Anyways, Venom was a very entertaining book that kept you on your toes at all times. So for me, it took me a while to actually get into the book. Maybe skip the first 3 or 4 chapters. After that, I started to get sucked into the story.

Renaissance Venice is a very interesting setting. I just love Venice, okay? Add that with some Italian phrases like Mi dispiace (I'm sorry) made the setting all the more believable. I could tell the author did some research on Renaissance Venice. Me loving the setting just because of Assassin's Creed II <-- Me being a nerdy gamer girl

And Falco <3 He was just oh so charming. And thank goodness it wasn't insta-love!!! They were actually just acquaintances at first. I just love Falco, okay?

The mystery of finding the murderer was actually very entertaining. Solving pieces of puzzle at one time. At the end, the murderer actually showed himself to Cassandra (in what way, that I'm not going to tell you). So I don't know if all their research and stuff was made useful at all :s

Overall, Venom is a spectacular book that will keep you on your toes.. and once you're done, it leaves you wanting more :)


Rating:

2 comments:

  1. Don't sweat, your pretty diligent to remember you forgot to write a review! XD Oh Falco sounds dreamy in a way I would want to punch him first then hug him. XD

    Now, onto me adding another book onto to my TBR list. (In a good way, though) >______<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review! Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Please comment below and I'll reply and return the favor! Leave me a link to your post and I'll definitely come check it out :)