19 December 2013

0

{Novella Review} Destroy Me - Tahereh Mafi


Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi
Series: Shatter Me #1.5
Genre: YA Paranormal / Dystopia
Release Date: Oct 2 / 2012
Publisher: Harper
Perfect for the fans of Shatter Me who are desperately awaiting the release of Unravel Me, this novella-length digital original will bridge the gap between these two novels from the perspective of the villain we all love to hate, Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.
In Tahereh Mafi’s Shatter Me, Juliette escaped from The Reestablishment by seducing Warner—and then putting a bullet in his shoulder. But as she’ll learn in Destroy Me, Warner is not that easy to get rid of...
Back at the base and recovering from his near-fatal wound, Warner must do everything in his power to keep his soldiers in check and suppress any mention of a rebellion in the sector. Still as obsessed with Juliette as ever, his first priority is to find her, bring her back, and dispose of Adam and Kenji, the two traitors who helped her escape. But when Warner’s father, The Supreme Commander of The Reestablishment, arrives to correct his son’s mistakes, it’s clear that he has much different plans for Juliette. Plans Warner simply cannot allow.
Set after Shatter Me and before its forthcoming sequel, Unravel Me, Destroy Me is a novella told from the perspective of Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.


Destroy Me is now one of my all-time favourite novellas. There was a reason that I never read novellas. I feel like they're a waste of my time if they aren't already from my absolute favourite series. I also thought that they'd never give me enough insight to the other characters (whose ever point of view the novella might be in). Well, all of that prejudice changed with Destroy Me. 

I have no idea how to describe it. I originally didn't get the hype about Shatter Me. It didn't have good enough action and the romance was spotty as well. Reading this novella completely changed my mind. I realized Mafi has a unique writing style to call her own. It might be simply because I've never read anything like it at all. I could feel so vividly what Warner was going through. It made me sympathize with the seemingly cold villain from the first book. I ended up loving Warner, the poor little soul, to pieces.

If you're like me and are hesitant about novellas, cut that crap out right now. I would say Destroy Me is an essential part of the whole series experience and you must not miss it!

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Please comment below and I'll reply and return the favor! Leave me a link to your post and I'll definitely come check it out :)