25 October 2012

1

{Review} The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin


The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer 
By Michelle Hodkin
Series: Mara Dyer #1
Release Date: 09/27/2011
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Format: Hardcover, 452 pages

Amazon / B&N / BD / Chapters / Goodreads
Mara Dyer doesn’t think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
It can.
She believes there must be more to the accident she can’t remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.
There is.
She doesn’t believe that after everything she’s been through, she can fall in love.
She’s wrong.


*I try to make my reviews as spoiler-free as possible*

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer was recommended by many people, so I decided to read it when I saw it on sale.

Mara Dyer has just gone through a traumatic event and she doesn't remember what happened when she woke up in a hospital. A building collapsed and her friends died and she was mysteriously unharmed. She had to move and transfer to another school because she wants to leave the accident behind.

So when she got to this school, she fell for this bad boy, Noah Shaw, on sight. Noah is HOT. Not joking here, man. He is like the man slut (I think) of the school and slept around with girls. And now, he shows interest in Mara and would actually like to date her. Which shocked EVERYONE. Because Shaw does NOT date. 

So this book didn't make my favorites list, but it's actually really good compared to what I've been reading lately. YAAAAAY!!!

Mara is a rebellious spirit. She goes against her mom on taking the pills and tries her best to prove herself. In Spanish class, she stood up to her devilish teacher and got an F because of it. She kept searching for answers to her past and future.

Noah is a hot guy. I'm serious. He supports Mara no matter what and tries to stop her from doing anything too reckless.

Mara and Noah, I think, makes a great couple. Though what happened to them in the end, makes me cheer for them more. If you read this you know what I mean.

Overall, this is a great, refreshing read. I will definitely be on the lookout for the second book :)

Trailer:




Rating:


1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you liked this one, I have heard awesome things about the whole creepy factor and have wanted to read this for a while. I might just have to give this one a go, great review! :)

    Kaina @ These Flying Pages

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Please comment below and I'll reply and return the favor! Leave me a link to your post and I'll definitely come check it out :)