29 October 2012

0

{Review} Tiger's Destiny - Colleen Houck


Tiger's Destiny by Colleen Houck

Series: The Tiger Saga #4
Release Date: 09/04/2012
Publisher: Splinter
Format: Hardcover, 464 pages

Amazon / B&N / TBD / Chapters

With three of the goddess Durga's quests behind them, only one prophecy now stands in the way of Kelsey, Ren, and Kishan breaking the tiger's curse. But the trio's greatest challenge awaits them: A life-endangering pursuit in search of Durga's final gift, the Rope of Fire, on the Andaman Islands in the Bay of Bengal.  It's a race against time--and the evil sorcerer Lokesh--in this eagerly anticipated fourth volume in the bestselling Tiger's Curse series, which pits good against evil, tests the bonds of love and loyalty, and finally reveals the tigers' true destinies once and for all.


First of all, I love the cover! Green is one of my favorite colours and with the eagle (phoenix?), the cover looks gorgeous!!!

The Tiger Saga is one of my favorite series and I'm kind of disappointed by this one. I thought we were in for another one of those action-packed books. While this one is action-packed, I feel like there's too much romance going on. Not in the sense that Kelsey is making out with anyone, but because of her indecision. She was choosing in between Ren and Kishan, and I feel like she takes too long to choose in between them. I mean, c'mon! It should be easy. It made her seem like such a drama queen. Ugh!

In this book, Kelsey got engaged to Kishan but she still loves Ren a lot. I feel like the romance/choosing in between two guys part dragged on too long. It can get tiring, you know? I'm not going to tell you who she chooses at the end because you have to read it yourself to find out ;)

And now, the end. The end.. hmm.. I feel like it was a satisfying end. Though the ending left to think, "Wait.. how is there going to be a fifth book then?" I have no idea.. Like, seriously, none. Well, I'm going to wait to see the fifth book then.

Overall, I felt like this book let down tied a loose end to this series. (There's still going to be a fifth book though!) The first two books of this series was better, but I still want to know what will happen. This is a pretty okay read with a few minor issues.

Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Please comment below and I'll reply and return the favor! Leave me a link to your post and I'll definitely come check it out :)