22 October 2012

0

{Review} Otherkin - Nina Berry


Otherkin by Nina Berry
Series: Otherkin #1
Release Date: 07/30/2012
Publisher: Kensington
Format: Paperback, 320 pages

Amazon / B&N / BD / Chapters / Goodreads
I thought I knew myself. Then I met Caleb.
Dez is a good girl who does as she’s told and tries not to be noticed.Then she rescues a boy from a cage, and he tells her secrets about herself.Now inside her burns a darkness that will transform her.
Everything is about to change -- and neither Caleb, nor the Otherkin, nor those who hunt them are prepared for what Dez will unleash.





Otherkin by Nina Berry was something I looked forward to reading. I love all kinds of shapeshifters (especially werewolves) and there just aren't that many shapeshifter novels out there. After I read this, I was kind of loved it and felt disappointed at the same time.

Dez is a girl who wore her back brace her entire life. Then one day, she shifted without realizing it. She was captured and imprisoned. Then she saved a boy from a cage. That day forever changed her life. She found out that she was a tiger shifter and possibly the last tiger shifter in the entire world.

Personally, I think this book just dragged on and on. There were some scenes that I hoped would just go faster and get it over with. There was this one twist that I felt like wasn't twist-y enough.. (make sense?). I mean, twists are all supposed to make you double back and be like, "Whoa!! WTF just happened?" But this twist didn't really turn out like that... It was more like, "Ohkaaay. Good to know. Moving on?" That was the disappointment. I always like laying down the bad news first.

The good news is that I love the whole shifter world it has created. There were people who pulled at the shadow of the other world and I felt like it was so cool! I love the descriptions in the book that made me feel like I was actually there :)

Overall, I would recommend this to all shifter fans. Despite its minor issues, I felt like this was a refreshing enough read!!!



Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Please comment below and I'll reply and return the favor! Leave me a link to your post and I'll definitely come check it out :)