31 March 2013

0

{Review} The Eternity Cure - Julie Kagawa


The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa
Series: Blood of Eden #2
Release Date: 04/30/2013
Publisher: HarlequinTeen
Allison Sekemoto has vowed to rescue her creator, Kanin, who is being held hostage and tortured by the psychotic vampire Sarren. The call of blood leads her back to the beginning—New Covington and the Fringe, and a vampire prince who wants her dead yet may become her wary ally. Even as Allie faces shocking revelations and heartbreak like she’s never known, a new strain of the Red Lung virus that decimated humanity is rising to threaten human and vampire alike.


*If you haven't read the Immortal Rules, there will be spoilers*

 Now, I don't remember much from the first book. I remember being disappointed because Julie Kagawa books should be awesome as hell. And I just remember feeling like, "Meh.. The Iron Fae series is waaay better. *sigh*" <-- That was me.

And my view changed for the better! I was in love with the second book! This book picked up a few weeks after Allison left Eden and went to pursue her creator, Kanin. 

Perhaps what didn't made me love the first book was the characters. I never really connected with Allie in the first book. In this book, I loved the characters!!! Allie was still serious but Jackal was there to brighten things up. Even though he was (kinda) the bad guy; I cannot deny that he has quite the charming personality haha. He reminded me so much of Puck from the Iron Fae *tears* Now moving on to Ezekiel Crosse, who was a swoon-worthy character. I nicknamed him the PK and it sticks :P   (PK = the pastor's kid; Zeke is one and that's what people in my class call them) Zeke is the love interest in this book and I love him very dearly. Even though he knew Allie was a bloodsucker, he still loved her and pursued her :3

The adventure was really interesting and kept me engaged throughout the whole book. There was no dull point and I was never bored. I just kept flipping the pages and I finished the book in two days (girl, I gotta sleep). The romance kept me squealing (in the dark haha) and smiling goofily and ah! I cannot get enough of the trio (Allie + Jackal + Zeke).

All in all, I have nothing bad to tell of this book. 'Cause it is just that perfect haha :) I really enjoyed the book. AND OMFG.. THE ENDING KILLED ME.. Like what is gonna happen to them next? I have my own speculations but we'll have to wait til next year.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Please comment below and I'll reply and return the favor! Leave me a link to your post and I'll definitely come check it out :)