10 March 2013

1

{Review} Boundless - Cynthia Hand


Boundless by Cynthia Hand
Series: Unearthly #3
Release Date: 01/22/2013
Publisher: HarperTeen
The past few years have held more surprises than part-angel Clara Gardner could ever have anticipated. Yet from the dizzying highs of first love, to the agonizing low of losing someone close to her, the one thing she can no longer deny is that she was never meant to live a normal life.
Since discovering the special role she plays among the other angel-bloods, Clara has been determined to protect Tucker Avery from the evil that follows her . . . even if it means breaking both their hearts. Leaving town seems like the best option, so she’s headed back to California - and so is Christian Prescott, the irresistible boy from the vision that started her on this journey in the first place.
As Clara makes her way in a world that is frighteningly new, she discovers that the fallen angel who attacked her is watching her every move. And he’s not the only one. . . . With the battle against the Black Wings looming, Clara knows she must finally fulfill her destiny. But it won’t come without sacrifices and betrayal.
In the riveting finale of the Unearthly series, Clara must decide her fate once and for all.


This is the ULTIMATE CONCLUSION to the series! Wonder what will happen ;)

I have to be honest.. I had no frickin idea what was going on. Like, I literally remember nothing from the two previous books. I only vaguely remember something about Tucker and Clara at prom and how he drove her back. Yep, I have the worst memory ever. It's really absorb and dump for me.

Anyways, I felt like this book didn't have a satisfactory ending. With my limited memory, I even felt kinda sad. Like at the end, I was like, That's it? I was wondering if Clara would get more purposes and all that stuff.

My favorite chapter was the epilogue :) It was just so sweet and it made everything come to an end.

The plot was pretty good. Clara had to worry about all these different things and she doesn't have time. She had to figure out her purpose, what's wrong with Angela, how to get her brother to listen, and her own problems with Christian and Tucker. She really worked hard to do everything and save everyone even though sometimes that might seem crazy or impossible. Clara remained a strong character throughout the book and I really liked that :)


-Ranting Teen-

One problem though (just my preference). I DESPERATELY NEEDED MORE TUCKER IN THIS. LIKE SERIOUSLY.. We only saw him like once, twice, or thrice throughout the first half of the book. And you know what? IT'S NOT ENOUGH.. Okay? Like seriously, I don't really care about Christian (I do, just not as much). Oh Tucker, my sweet cowboy T__T He's just awesome, k? (Don't you dare argue with moi!)


Rating:

1 comment:

  1. I've heard that this is really great series, but so don't kill me when I say that I haven't read it! *covers head* Tucker sounds really swoony though, LOL! And you're not the only one with a bad memory-- I do the exact same thing. ;) I'm sorry that the ending was sucky, though. Fab review, Ariella! (:

    Loves,
    Megan@The Book Babe

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Please comment below and I'll reply and return the favor! Leave me a link to your post and I'll definitely come check it out :)