15 November 2012

2

{Review} Stealing Parker - Miranda Kenneally


Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally
Series: Hundred Oaks #2
Release Date: 10/01/2012
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire

Amazon / B&N / TBD / Chapters
Red-hot author Miranda Kenneally hits one out of the park in this return to Catching Jordan's Hundred Oaks High.
Parker Shelton pretty much has the perfect life. She’s on her way to becoming valedictorian at Hundred Oaks High, she’s made the all-star softball team, and she has plenty of friends. Then her mother’s scandal rocks their small town and suddenly no one will talk to her.
Now Parker wants a new life.
So she quits softball. Drops twenty pounds. And she figures why kiss one guy when she can kiss three? Or four. Why limit herself to high school boys when the majorly cute new baseball coach seems especially flirty?
But how far is too far before she loses herself completely?



*I won this book from Xpresso Reads and Sourcebooks Fire*

I haven't read Catching Jordan yet but I'm sure it's going to be amazing as well. This one was sooo good! The whole town basically hates her because her mom turned to be a lesbian and left the whole family. They think Parker is going to turn out like her mom. So now, she kisses as many boys as possible and becomes the school slut.

Then Coach Brian Hoffman came in. The sexy new baseball coach. Why go for high school boys when you can have that? Parker went for the coach and they got together in private. Coach Hoffman didn't want to jeopardize his own life but really liked Parker. I think he's a bastard and a jerk. Didn't like him AT ALL. I think he just wants Parker for sex but that's my opinion.

And then there's Corndog (Will)! Will is so sweet :) Will and Parker has been archenemies since high school.  They both want to be the valedictorian at Hundred Oaks High. But now Will likes Parker and Parker wasn't sure of her feelings. They're the cutest match ever :3

I think all the characters are all written very nicely. Coach Hoffman got on my nerves a lot though. I actually think that he was too much of a jerk that it got unrealistic. But maybe it's because I live in my perfect little world (only 15 here, man). 

This is a book I'd definitely recommend to any girl. No, I seriously do. I basically shoved this book into my friend's face and told her to read it. (She's team Will/Corndog too!) CALLING ALL THE GIRLS, YOU NEED TO READ THIS ASAP. Like, seriously.

Rating:


2 comments:

  1. I've seen this book around a lot, and was lucky enough to meet Miranda at a recent event! Thanks for the review - this definitely pushed it up higher on my TBR!

    Happy reading :D

    ~ Rachael-Madison @ Moosubi Reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely going to read this! (At some point. ;)) Seriously, this author seems to have made a big impact and I'm excited to experience her writing for myself. Will seems to be a big favourite too, so I can't wait to meet him! Lovely review, Ariella. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Please comment below and I'll reply and return the favor! Leave me a link to your post and I'll definitely come check it out :)