17 August 2012

0

{Review} Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Onyx (Lux #2)

By Jennifer L. Armentrout
Release Date: 08/14/2012
Format: Paperback, 366 pages
Purchase: (BookDepository)
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…
Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.
Something worse than the Arum has come to town…
The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.
But then everything changes…
I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?
No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…



Cover: Oh my goodness... *drools* It's Daemon Black!!! Oh yeah, and Katy, but you know, EYE-CANDY!!! Ooh... and a purple forest. Awesome :)


My thoughts: 


Okay, so if you thought Obsidian was amazing, then Onyx should get an Oscar. Seriously, there was no single dull moment in this. It's either an intense moment (which can turn funny when you least expect it) or there's some people's ass to be kicked.


I think the characters in this book matured much since Obsidian. Katy learned that she has super powers, and Daemon is still.. well, Daemon. Katy with super powers is awesome (and girl, she can kick ass like Daemon).

"Maybe one day I can be just as lazy as you and turn off lights without moving."
    "That's something to aspire to."
    I relaxed a fraction of an inch and smiled. "God, you're so modest."
    "Modesty is for saints and losers. I'm neither."

Daemon and Katy have grown to love each other. *sigh* I'm happy now. 


This just made me laugh:

Blake opened the storm door and stepped inside. "Sorry it took me so long to get over here."
    "Too bad it didn't take longer." Daemon stretched idly, like a cat. "And too bad you didn't get lost or--"
    "Eaten by wild boars or killed in a horrific ten-car pile-up. I get it." Blake interrupted and sauntered past us.

SO MANY EMOTIONS THROUGH THIS BOOK. I couldn't even form complete sentences right after the book. And the cliffhanger. WHY??? The world hates me.. *cries in a corner*


This book is worth it ;) You should go pick it up right now at your nearest bookstore!!!



Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Please comment below and I'll reply and return the favor! Leave me a link to your post and I'll definitely come check it out :)