15 October 2013

1

{Text Chat} Eleanor & Park - Rainbow Rowell

This is a feature where Kaity and Ariella discuss books in text chats.
It always includes major spoilers and a bunch of swearing unless otherwise stated.

Today's books is:


Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
Genre: YA Contemporary
Release Date: Feb 26 / 2013
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Set over the course of one school year in 1986, ELEANOR AND PARK is the story of two star-crossed misfits – smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try. When Eleanor meets Park, you’ll remember your own first love – and just how hard it pulled you under.





Ariella: Hi, all! This is a new kind of review on my blog called Texting with Kaity. Kaity is going to be a new member on my blog helping me through the tough times with school. In real life, she's my best friend and a newly converted bibliophile. I got her into reading but contemporary is the only genre she reads. I'll have an introduction of her posted up later this week or next week. But for now, enjoy this review!

The rants of Texting with Kaity are all taken from our chats. This is her ranting after she finished Eleanor and Park. Besides fixing a few spelling mistakes, this is all of her text messages about it in its shining glory. A bunch of swearing and spoilers ahead. Don't read this if you haven't read the book.

Kaity: Guess what I FINISHED ELEANOR & PARK

... You're gonna hate me but I AM SO UTTERLY DISAPPOINTED IN THIS BOOK. 

I really DIDN'T like the constant bitching and being so rude to Park for trying. Like, I get she's "different" and had a rough life, but damn when a cute boy gives you attention don't shame him and make him feel like crap for trying. SHE WAS SO MEAN TO HIM. EVEN WHEN HE COMPLIMENTS HER.

And the ending. ARE YOU SHITTING ME. THEY HAVE SEX, THEN SHE LEAVES FOR FUCKING EVER? WHO DOES THAT. WHO FUCKING DOES THAT. HE DESERVED LOVE. THAT IS NOT A CUTE BOOK. THAT IS A HORRIBLE BOOK. SHE BROKE HIS HEART. SHE LEFT HIM FOR A YEAR. SHE RECEIVED DAILY MAIL FROM HIM BUT WOULDN'T SEND A SINGLE DAMN CARD.

And the ending like WOW she sends ONE post card with 'three long words' ??? 'I love u' isn't long, so it probably wasn't that, although I have no idea what else it could have been.. LIKE COME ON ELEANOR COME BACK FOR YOUR DAMN BOYFRIEND. YOU PUT HIM THROUGH HELL AND BACK. AND HE STILL LOVED YOU. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SOMEONE WHO LOVES A RUDE PERSON LIKE YOU. She wasn't even pretty like GIRL YOU FOUND SOMEONE WHO THOUGHT OTHERWISE. FUCKING TAKE WHAT YOU GET. HE'S THE ONLY PERSON WHO CARED ABOUT YOU DON'T FUCKING LEAVE HIM FOREVER. AT LEAST PLAN TO COME BACK.

UGH I CAN'T STAND HER. LIKE BITCH IS SO RUDE

Okay rant over, but let me just say YOU (me, Ariella) SET MY EXPECTATIONS WAY TOO HIGH... This Is What Happy Looks Like was by far WAYY cuter than Eleanor and Park, no lie. I liked the cutesy lightness n adorable moments better, and the piggy c: so BOO U ELEANOR U RUDE SASSY LIL SHIT.

Ariella: Well, review over. That ended on a happy note, I guess. She had a reference to This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer Smith in the end there. That review will be coming up sometime shortly. Remember, this is all texts to me. This wasn't directed at a broad audience or anything. It was just complaining to me how she didn't like the book. I wanna know how this review did. Tell me what you think of her review and how you like Kaity so far. If you want to read my review of Eleanor & Park, click here. Other than that, thanks, guys! See ya :)


1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA woah your friend is energetic XD You should warn off her spoilerific rant though , the unsuspecting reader might not know it's there! But I loved this one D: I thought it was pretty heartfelt, and the scenes between them were full of raw emotion. So yeah! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Please comment below and I'll reply and return the favor! Leave me a link to your post and I'll definitely come check it out :)