29 October 2013

2

{Review} The Iron Traitor - Julie Kagawa


The Iron Traitor by Julie Kagawa
Series: Call of the Forgotten #2
Genre: YA Fantasy
Release Date: Oct 29 / 2013
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
In the real world, when you vanish into thin air for a week, people tend to notice.
After his unexpected journey into the lands of the fey, Ethan Chase just wants to get back to normal. Well, as "normal" as you can be when you see faeries every day of your life. Suddenly the former loner with the bad reputation has someone to try for-his girlfriend, Kenzie. Never mind that he's forbidden to see her again.
But when your name is Ethan Chase and your sister is one of the most powerful faeries in the Nevernever, "normal" simply isn't to be. For Ethan's nephew, Keirran, is missing, and may be on the verge of doing something unthinkable in the name of saving his own love. Something that will fracture the human and faery worlds forever, and give rise to the dangerous fey known as the Forgotten. As Ethan's and Keirran's fates entwine and Keirran slips further into darkness, Ethan's next choice may decide the fate of them all.


*A review copy was provided by the publisher*
Thank you so much to Harlequin Teen! 

The Lost Prince was a bit of a disappointing read last year as my expectations were set quite high, but the Iron Traitor was an amazing sequel that was way better than the first. It reminded me of how much I missed the Iron Fey series.

What originally had me disappointed was how the set of characters doesn't even compare to the original. Now, I still prefer Ash / Puck / Meghan / Grim but the new group has its charm. As I've gotten to know them more, I can now thoroughly enjoy their adventures. 

This book is definitely way crazier than the first one. With Annwyl fading, Kierran is desperate for a way to halt the Fade. That includes our dear princeling running all over the Nevernever and mortal world, trying to find a cure. Meghan and Ash are looking all over for Kierran as well but no one can get a trace on him. He's basically disappeared completely. The quest starts when Annwyl shows up at Ethan's house, begging for him to track down Kierran. Everything goes pretty fast from there. From the New Orleans goblin market to the Seelie court, they go everywhere to try and save Annwyl. There was a lot of action with kali and glamour as they were quite unfortunate when going through their shortcuts. 

This book was all set on finding a cure for Annwyl. What I loved the most about this book is how I can get to know the characters more. I feel like they've really come together as a group. Kierran and Ethan have developed more of their uncle / nephew relationship but still carrying a grudge as well. What I didn't like was the romance. While it has definitely taken a backseat for the plot, I still think that Kenzie and Ethan's relationship developed too quickly and is a bit flimsy. It was just cute but that's about it. 

AND OMG THAT ENDING. THAT. ENDING. HOW CAN I SURVIVE WITH THAT ENDING. I LITERALLY SAT IN SHOCK WHILE MY SCIENCE TEACHER DRONED ON ABOUT IONIC BONDS. I WAS SOBBING ON THE INSIDE AND I'M LIKE, UGH I DON'T CARE ABOUT COVALENT BONDS DO YOU KNOW WHAT JUST HAPPENED IN THE END... I think I lost myself for ten minutes there while I stared into the oblivion, shocked.

All I gotta say is, this book.. *thumbs up* I cannot describe how much action and surprise is in for you in The Iron Traitor. Especially with that ending. Prepare yourself; all you lovelies are in for a fun ride ;)

Rating:

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds really good! I liked The Lost Prince but, like you said, it just didn't hold up the standards of the original Iron Fey series. I'm glad you like this one better! I can't wait to read it~ Oh and I do that too sometimes when I finish books in class. My teacher keeps talking like nothing happens, but there are just too many feelings for me to handle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still love the original Iron Fey series better but this series is getting better with the second book. Now I'm just waiting for an epic conclusion :D And it's bad how much I read in class.. BUT OMG ALL THE FEELZ I HAD IN THAT MOMENT IS UNEXPLAINABLE..

      Delete

Hi there! Please comment below and I'll reply and return the favor! Leave me a link to your post and I'll definitely come check it out :)