18 July 2012

1

{Review} Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Obsidian
By Jennifer L. Armentrout
Release Date: 11/29/2011
Purchase: (BookDepository)


Starting over sucks.When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up. And then he opened his mouth. Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. The hot alien living next door marks me. You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. If I don't kill him first, that is.





Obsidian is like cake to me... I just couldn't wait to devour the whole thing!

Obsidian is a great start to a series written by Jennifer L. Armentrout. At the start, we are introduced to the protagonist, Katy Swartz, who just moved to the middle of nowhere in West Virginia. Her dad had just died and her mom wanted them to move. 



"What the heck was wrong with him? I thought people in small towns were supposed to be nice, not act like the son of Satan."   ~Obsidian, Jennifer L. Armentrout
I really loved the characters in the story. Daemon was a really mean and I-don't-care-about-you douchebag in the beginning of the book. But you see Katy and Daemon grow together; it just makes my heart melt. *sniffles* 

The plot was great. You see both of them together having their heartfelt moments but know that there's something grander at work.


There were lots of close calls with death. Besides that there were a lot of funny and heartwarming moments with Daemon. The book had a fast pace, but that never did make you feel rushed. 

It was a exhilarating ride Ms. Armentrout has written for us. If you haven't already read this, go get it right  now! It's a Must-Read!

Rating:
A special recommendation from me :)
Ari Approved!



1 comment:

  1. I've read Obsidian and I have really enjoyed it! Your review is exactly what I thought while read it. Continue reviewing!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Please comment below and I'll reply and return the favor! Leave me a link to your post and I'll definitely come check it out :)